Jade Versteeg is an associate at bureau Brandeis. She specialises in competition law and sector-specific regulation.
Jade has extensive experience with all aspects of (European) competition law, including (second phase) merger notifications, cartels and abuse cases. In addition, Jade regularly advises on collaborations, information exchange and distribution systems, and has specific knowledge of geo-blocking and the application of competition law to e-commerce. Jade assists companies in both European and national administrative proceedings, as well as civil proceedings that deal with competition law and healthcare purchasing.
The activities of Jade focus to a large extent on regulated markets such as TMT, fintech, transport, agri and healthcare. In her work, Jade has a special interest in data-related issues in digital platform markets. Moreover, she has specific expertise in the field of (economic) regulation of payment traffic, mobility services, data portability and net neutrality. Jade frequently acts as a counsel’s counsel for competition law and regulatory matters, for example in the context of acquisitions and joint ventures.
Jade obtained her master’s degree in European Competition Law and Regulation at the University of Amsterdam (cum laude) in 2015. During and after her studies, she inter alia worked as an intern at a leading international law firm and at the Competition Department of the Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM). Before joining bureau Brandeis, Jade worked as an associate at Maverick Advocaten.
- Assisting merging parties and third parties in complex (second phase) merger notification proceedings at the European Commission and the ACM such as PostNL / Sandd, Sanoma / Iddink, T-Mobile / Tele2, Ziggo / Liberty Global and Vodafone / Ziggo.
- Representing various companies active in the telecom, media and postal sector in relation to market analysis decisions of the ACM and the Belgian Institute for Postal services and Telecommunication (BIPT) and appeal procedures at the Trade and Industry Appeals Tribunal (CBb).
- Assisting Eredivisie Media & Marketing (Fox Sports) as a third party in an appeal procedure launched by KPN and CAIW following a decision of the ACM concerning the exploitation of the broadcasting rights for Dutch premier league football matches.
- Providing assistance to several fintech companies in relation to European competition law, PSD II and interchange fee regulations.
- Representing multiple public transport and mobility service providers in various proceedings, for instance following ACM’s public consultation of its advice on public transport payment services.