Frank Peters is partner of bureau Brandeis. He is a corporate and securities litigator – experienced in (international) litigation and advising in relation to (potentially) litigious situations and arbitrations.
Frank Peters is a member of the International Bar Association (IBA). He speaks Dutch, English and (conversational) Russian. Frank Peters studied European Studies (management, economics and French) at Royal Holloway and Bedford New College, London University, and civil and tax law at the University of Groningen.
In 1997, Frank Peters was admitted to the bar. After working as a tax and corporate attorney at Loeff Claeys Verbeke, he moved on to De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, again combining the field of both corporate and tax law. As of 2001, Frank Peters has practiced as a corporate and securities litigator with Spigt Litigators. He is also involved in commercial litigation, in particular in relation to wind energy.
Frank M. Peters is a specialist in securities and corporate litigation, corporate governance, shareholder activism and shareholder disputes, distressed debt litigation and squeeze/sell outs. Het is very experienced in (international) litigation and arbitration, and advising in relation to (potentially) litigious situations. He is a recognized expert on corporate governance issues and shareholder representation and activism. In addition, he has acted as Dutch co-counsel in certain US class actions, and Dutch domestic class actions.
Recent work Frank Peters:
- 2017: acting as legal counsel in high stakes international arbitration proceedings, relating to online businesses;
- 2017: representing as co-counsel a US based international media conglomerate in a dispute over broadcasting rights of Dutch operators;
- 2017: representing US and UK based hedge funds in respect of activist matters relating to several Dutch blue chip companies and engaging with certain mid-cap companies;
- 2016: representing Taiwanese financial conglomerate FUBON in Enterprise Chamber proceedings commenced by Highfields against Delta Lloyd, in relation to Solvency II matters and a rights issue;
- 2014 and 2015: Frank Peters spoke at the DRRT conference on ‘Global Investor Protection – Developments and Trends for Institutional Investors’ in Miami and Frankfurt, on Dutch law aspects of class actions and financial markets manipulation in respect of EURIBOR and LIBOR rates;
- Representing defendants in post take-over litigation relating to Dockwise’ public offer on Fairstar;
- Representing interested parties in several inquiry proceedings (enquête procedure) before the Enterprise Chamber, such as those relating to KPNQwest, Fortis, Leaderland, Quintel, and E-Traction;
- Representing hedge funds in several activist investments such as ABN Amro (2007), Philips (2009), TNT (2011) and TNT Express (2012) and other instances which have not been disclosed;
- Representing several financial institutions in squeeze-out proceedings such as those relating to ABN Amro, Hagemeijer and Corporate Express;
- Representing several wind energy development companies, in disputes (in and out of court) with Vestas Wind Systems A/S and other wind turbine construction companies.