ContactT +31 (0)20 7606 505 Email Hans Download V-card
- European & Antitrust law
- Intellectual property
- Internet & Technology
Hans is partner of bureau Brandeis. In the Netherlands Hans is one of the top entertainment lawyers. Internationally, he specializes in antitrust damage litigation. He has over 25 years of experience in antitrust litigation. Hans is a pit-bull if need be, but he knows when and how to settle. Therefore, Hans is a perfect fit for plaintiffs looking for recovery of damages from antitrust cartels, independently or through class action. To bureau Brandeis – challenging the status quo and backing the underdog – this antitrust practice group fits like a glove.
Hans is the founder and editor of Q, the Cartel Damages Quarterly: the world’s only journal on cartel damage competition case law. Hans is therefor on top of all new developments in cartel damage case law and regularly speaks at conferences and symposia on this matter.
Earlier work by Hans regarding antitrust damages litigation includes the attacking of the fixed price for books in Holland. Hans has gained quite a reputation in the media and entertainment industries for the results he booked regarding this matter: the Dutch book cartel was forced to let go of the cross border nature of their price fixing. Also, Hans worked on bringing down the monopoly the Belgium government held on radio frequencies for state aided broadcasters. Due to his efforts the Belgium authorities were forced to revise its legislation regarding this matter. He handled a case regarding a major toy manufacturer employing dual pricing.
Hans is a member of the American Bar Association (ABA) and the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA). He is also a member of the Antitrust LitigationWorking Group of the International Bar Association (IBA) and is co-chair of the IBA Working Group Digital Economy.
Nationally Hans is regarded as one of the best entertainment lawyers in the Netherlands (see his Dutch profile).
- The Netherlands as efficient jurisdiction for cartel damages claim litigation, IBA Legal Practice Division, International Litigation News May 2017
- Monetization of the Global Music Buiness, International Association of Entertainment Lawyers, IAEL, 2016, in samenwerking met Lex Keukens en Younes Moussaoui.
- De Wet op de vaste boekenprijs in de Praktijk: handleiding en commentaar, 2006. A practical guide to The Fixed Book Price Act, 2006.
- Jurisprudentie en commentaar Wet op de Vaste Boekenprijs, deel I en II, 2013. Case Law and Annotation on the Fixed Book Price Act, part I and II, 2013.
- Het Wetsvoorstel Auteurscontractenrecht: de premisse en de relatie tot het commune overeenkomsten (samen met P. Lindhout), AMI februari 2013. The proposed bill Copyright Contracts: and its relation to civil law (with P. Lindhout), AMI Febuary 2013.